|Genetic Sorting Machine|
|Appears in||Chapter 2|
|Tagline||“some balls are prettier than other balls”|
|Music||“Regurgitation Pumping Station"|
|Previous level||The Red Carpet|
|Next level||Burning Man|
|“||The last of the Goo Balls didn't seem to notice they were in some sort of giant Beauty Pageant Machine. Pretty ones over there, Ugly ones over here. Personally, I think everyone is beautiful. Mostly me.||”|
—the devastating Sign Painter
Genetic Sorting Machine is a level in the video game World of Goo. It is the eleventh and final level of Chapter 2. In this level, the player has to use the Green Goo to transport Ugly Goo into the machine the left into gears and a Beauty Goo to the right side. Small Ugly Goo are resistant to spikes and must be used to cover the spike-filled hole, allowing the Red Beauty Goo to pass over the filled pit safely into gears. Finally, they arrive at the summit where giant woman's head is located. Then a small structure must be raised with a balloon to the red pipe, once enough Small Beauty Goo are attached to structure.
Extra Goo strategy
The red pipe in this level does not accept the Small Ugly Goo, but both the Ugly Goo and Beauty Goo release two eye parts which don't have a difference. It's possible to sort eyeball parts out from the spike pit to send them to the pipe.
- This is the only last level of a chapter to have a pipe.
- This level is one of the three levels where you can see where the pipe leads, the others being Graphic Processing Unit and The Red Carpet.
- This is the only level which has 2 pieces of background music.
- There are several inconsistencies with the level design:
- The Genetic Sorting Machine covers the Beauty Generator's body. But on the map screen, this cannot be seen.
- The machine has free falling arms. These can not be seen either.
- The Beauty Generator's face has lips in the level. But on the map screen, these are not present.